Aloha Members and Friends!
When we’re down and out, depressed, shaken to our core or traumatized by a recent incident, we need to take a step back, calm our nerves and reevaluate our priorities. Sometimes we are so shaken, we cannot function normally.
This is where our faith can carry us to overcome a tragedy or difficult situation and this is why having and practicing faith can lessen the impact.
In Tenrikyo performing the service and administering the Sazuke is central to our faith. It is the “fundamental means to salvation.” It answers the question of what is most important in our life!
To realize what’s important in our life, we need to first clean our spiritual lenses so we can see clearly what’s important and where we must go. That’s why the first verse in the service says, “Sweep away all ills and save us Tenri O no Mikoto.” We repeat it 21 times to make a thorough cleansing.
On the path of the Joyous Life!
Rev. Owen & Taeko Nakao
- Thank you for bringing your deposit cans and bottles for our fundraising drive. We are still continuing our fundraising efforts that will help to reduce airfare for prospective Besseki attendees.
- Also thank you very much for helping at the BGA Leadership Camp and annual New Year Park Cleanup and BBQ Picnic held last month. Two adult volunteers from Pearl Church helped to conduct the camp and five helped at the park cleanup and BBQ picnic at Stadium Park. Thank you for volunteering your time to do Hinokishin in the community!
- The annual Tenri Cultural Center cleanup is scheduled for President’s day, Monday, February 20 from 9am. Lunch will be served at 11am.
- Our next Rummage sale will be on Sunday, April 2nd, from 8am-12noon. Please bring any items you wish to donate from today till two days before the sale. To those of you who’ve already donated items, thank you very much. Setup and pricing will on Saturday, the day prior.
- The annual BGA Spring Camp and 42nd GM will be held next month on March 24-26, Friday-Sunday. We would like to ask for everyone’s hinokishin.
Please take advantage of these activities accomplish several tasks at one time:
- Sweep away your mental dusts and further your spiritual growth.
- Do nioigake by inviting friends and family.
- Transmit the faith to the next generation.
- Plant seeds of sincerity by sharing the joy of faith to the people around you and the community.