Happy New Year Everyone!
Taeko and I would like to express our heartfelt gratitude for your dedicated hinokishin efforts and sincere offerings in support of Pearl Church during this past year. Mahalo nui loa!
We will be conducting the January Grand Service this Sunday, January 9, 2011 at 10am. The January Grand Service is to commemorate Oyasama's withdrawal from physical life on January 26, 1887, when she “stepped out” (of her body) to “level the ground (for world salvation).”
- Our monthly service attendance average was 24.5 in 2011. Up .3 from 24.2 in 2010.
- The sazuke was administered 418 times. Up 43 times from 375 times in 2009.
- Jiba Pilgrimage was 22 persons (including repeats by myself and Elmer)
- The highlights of 2010 were:
- 12 participants in the Women's Association 100th Anniversary in April
- 49 participants at the All Tenrikyo Hinokishin Day at the zoo, down 6 from 54 particpants in 2009, but still the most from one church
- completion of the exterior repainting of Pearl Church!
- No one took the basics course and no besseki first timers.
In looking forward to 2011 our resolve to administer the sazuke this year is at least 500 times to remain focused on our mission as yoboku (useful timber: those who are using the sazuke) in buidling the joyous life world. Please send me an email everytime you administer the sazuke so that we may record the event.
Also the Hawaii Convention will be held this year on May 28-30 at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. “Delegates” from around the world will be participating and as Pearl Church we want to do our part in supporting the convention and contributing to bring about the hope and peace in this world.
In addtion this year is the first of three years leading up to the 60th anniversary of the Mission HQ of Hawaii and the 80th anniversary of Pearl Church establishment in 2014. If you have any suggestions as to how we can commemorate these events, please email me.