Happy New Year Everyone!
Taeko and I would like to thank all of you from the bottom of our hearts for your dedicated hinokishin efforts and sincere offerings in support of Pearl Church during this past year!
We will be conducting the January Grand Service this Sunday, January 10, 2010 at 10am. The January Grand Service is to commemorate Oyasama's withdrawal from bodily existence on January 26, 1887, when she “stepped out” (of her body) to “level the ground” (for world salvation).
- Our monthly service attendance average was 24 in 2009. 25 in 2008.
- The sazuke was administered 375 times. No record for 2008
- Jiba Pilgrimage was 29 persons (including repeats by myself and Lucas)
- The highlight of 2009 was 54 particpants from Pearl Church at the All Tenrikyo Hinokishin Day at the zoo!
- 2 persons attended the Basics Course and 1 person attend the Besske Lecture for the first time.
In looking forward to 2010 we would like to establish our resolve to administer the sazuke 750 times (twice this year's count) in order to focus on our mission as yoboku (useful timber) in building the joyous life world. Please send me an email everytime you administer the sazuke so that we may record the event.