Happy New Year Everyone!
Taeko and I would like to express our heartfelt gratitude for your dedicated hinokishin efforts and sincere offerings in support of Pearl Church during this past year. Mahalo nui loa!
We will be conducting the January Grand Service this Sunday, January 8, 2012 at 10am. The January Grand Service is to commemorate Oyasama’s withdrawal from physical life on January 26, 1887, when she “stepped out” (of her body) to “level the ground (for world salvation).”
- Our monthly service attendance average was 20.8 in 2011, down from 24.5 in 2010.
- The sazuke was administered 435 times. Up 7 times from 418 times in 2010.
- The highlights of 2011 were: Boy’s & Girl’s Association Spring Camp in March (4 adult volunteers, no children attendees), the Hawaii Convention (11 attendees), the Children’s Pilgrimage to Jiba (6 attendees); the annual Tenrikyo Bazaar (16 volunteers) and the completion of a rain barrel system utilizing rain water for plants and car washing. Numbers are based on attendees from Pearl Church only.The Hawaii Convention held on May 28-30 at the Hilton Hawaiian Village provided opportunities for members to share their faith with followers from around the world and learn different aspects of the teachings. Members from Pearl Church held key positions in conducting and contributing to the success of the Convention.
- We are now in the second year of the three-year, one thousand days before the mission headquarters 60th Anniversary on May 17, 2014 and the Pearl Church 80th Anniversay in the same year (date to be set). We would like to set goals for spiritual growth in order that we may commemorate the anniversary in a manner befitting our maturity and the number of years since establishment.
- In looking forward to 2012 we would like to again resolve to administer the sazuke this year is at least 500 times to remain focused on our mission as yoboku (useful timber: those who are using the sazuke) in buidling the joyous life world. Please send me an email everytime you administer the sazuke so that we may record the event.
- Also, in addition we would like to schedule service (hand dance & narimono) practices every 4th Sunday at 10am. Please make every effort to attend as we work toward our 80th Anniversary in 2014.
Rev. Owen Nakao
住所：1634 10th Avenue